09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Barn Collective #22



This was taken in January 2011 when north Alabama had a foot of snow.  I think we measured 9 inches at our place.  The barn belongs to my mother, but is adjacent to our property.  That is my hubby on the tractor.  I rarely use artsy treatments now and could not tell you what I did to this shot.

We have had a snow and/or ice storm each of the last three weeks here, but I only got a couple of iPhone shots just for the record.  The past week's winter storm was all ice and sleet and stayed around for longer than one day.  I like a snow or two every winter, but three in a row is too much.  I don't see how you folks up north stand it for months at a time.

We are supposed to be in the upper sixties next week with rain.  I hate to complain, but that's getting kinda warm for me.  We go from one extreme to another.




17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

we had 3 or 4 snow/sleet storms here in texas, too. i like this shot. :)

Brian King said...

That's fantastic! It looks "vintage".

jp@A Green Ridge said...

As the others before me, I really like this photo too!!!...:)JP

Rose said...

Oh, I do love this shot!

We had 50º weather today with lots of sunshine. I always would love to see and be in Alaska in the winter, but I wonder how I would survive cause I get weary of our winters and they are not that terrible most of the time and don't last near as long as farther north.

Michelle said...

This is a beautiful shot!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Great photo - love the contrasts and the edge work you did. We haven't had any snow here on the coast of NW Washington - and we are not complaining one little bit. Would love to see the high 60s though.

Tom said...

Cool picture! On second thought it looks COLD! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Tom said...

Cool picture! On second thought it looks COLD! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Tom said...

Cool picture! On second thought it looks COLD! Tom The Backroads Traveller

Anne Payne said...

Gorgeous snow picture! I didn't get out when we had our snow a couple of weeks ago. It was too cold for me. :)

Kathy said...

I like your antique treatment. It's been raining here for the past two days and we're not expecting sun for the rest of the week. Although not a difficult winter, it has been a long one here for us. I was looking through some pictures of past springtimes over the weekend and noticed that in years past our bluebonnets were blooming on March 15th. That won't happen this year!

MadSnapper said...

I would snap myself silly if that barn was next door. and would beg to drive that tractor, but maybe not i the snow...

Small City Scenes said...

Sweet old barn.
We are having cold nights and warm days--right now---it could change at any moment.
MB

Jerralea said...

Love your snow covered barn!

I have to say, I'm in agreement with your feelings about snow days. Enough is enough.

Unknown said...

Amy, Great shot. You have definitely had more snow over the past three years than we have had here! The tables mush have got turned around!

Linda said...

The special effects go well with this image.

Deanna said...

Oh I didn't know you had this weekly barn event. I love barns, the older the better, the new barns have absolutely no character. Hope your bad weather is behind you and spring is on it's way!!